Whether legislative, economic or social, the public sector must effectively manage and adapt to change.
In order to ensure change is successfully embedded, senior public sector managers and leaders must take into account organisational culture and behaviour. A lack of a clear strategy or understanding can hinder change, rather than allow it to flourish.
This Enabling Effective Cultural Change course will give you the knowledge and skills to adapt behaviours and culture to embed change within your organisation.
David is a change management and commercial expert, with a passion for helping to create more effective services. He works with a wide range of organisations and their staff on developing their commercial awareness, bringing about culture change and developing and implementing effective strategies.
He has worked extensively across the public and private sectors, working with over 50 local authorities, many NHS Trusts, Central Government departments and Science Councils in the last three years.
David is passionate about translating strategy into action in a way that engages staff and develops buy-in and high levels of productivity. Read more
An Introduction to Culture
- Understand what is meant by culture
- Establish how culture affects change in your organisation
Identify the Culture of Your Organisation
- Determine what creates and reinforces the culture of your organisation using the Cultural Web
- Utilise the cultural dimensions matrix to further explore the existing culture
Designing an Effective Culture
- Establish your organisation’s ideal culture for implementing change
- Use tools to design an effective culture
Explore the Link between Culture and Behaviour
- Examine the impact culture has upon behaviour
- Encourage staff to look at their own behaviour and influence the culture
Understanding Behavioural Economics
- Consider why we behave the way we do
- Develop a leadership culture that influences staff to exhibit positive behaviours
Emotions, Culture and Behaviour
- Explore eight areas of emotional decision making in the context of cultural and behavioural change
- Understand how these areas impact upon decision making and how they can develop leadership styles that influence cultural change
Leading Cultural Change
In this session, delegates will recap on areas of cultural development identified during the day.
- Identify key changes to be adopted within your organisation
- Develop a structured action plan of how to implement change