If you want to help your team thrive in a remote working environment, you need to continuously develop your leadership and management strategies. We can help you do just that.
Attend our Advanced Remote Team Leadership and Management course to improve your policies and processes that support your team, foster productivity, adapt to the hybrid workplace and avoid staff burn out. Learn how to identify behavioural issues that arise in remote work environments and deploy emotional intelligence, empathy and coaching techniques to optimise performance.
Through a range of workshops and public sector focused case studies, leave the day with a suite of advanced tools and long-term skills to remotely manage people and relationships effectively.
Unlocking the Power of Virtual
Our virtual courses have been designed with you in mind. From group exercises in breakout rooms to live chat, whiteboards and interactive polls, we use a range of tools and techniques to ensure that you can connect with your trainer; network and share best practice with your peers and leave the day with the skills you need.
Our courses provide you with an interactive and engaging learning environment that can be accessed from any location, helping you to continue to connect, learn and grow. Click here to discover more!
Please note we will use Zoom to virtually deliver this course
Duncan is a senior director with over 30 years of experience in the publishing industry, as well as a decade as a Vice Chair and Non-Executive Director of an NHS Trust. He is also group leader and councillor at West Oxfordshire District Council, and spent a decade close to government on their National Policy Forum. Duncan is an experienced director, influencer and communicator who has been both elected and appointed to senior roles in NHS, policy and local government. He is used to analysing complex situations and communicating aims to persuade, influence, drive change, optimise performance and improve team understanding. Read more
Trainer's Welcome and Clarification of Learning Objectives,
Remote and Hybrid Working: Manage Risks Successfully
- Explore the hybrid-working model
- Develop your remote working policy
- Consider potential practical, privacy and security issues
- Map out your remote working journey: past, present and future
- Discuss and overcome challenges for the employee and organisation’
- Benchmark your existing remote working practices against other organisations
- Manage cyber security and data protection threats while working remotely
Excel at Managing and Leading in a Remote Environment
- Know the key leadership styles available to you and when to use them
- The difference between management and leadership ow to achieve both
- Understand the need to be flexible and emotionally intelligent in your management approaches and leadership styles
- Performance management, managing difficult conversations, giving praise remotely
- Identify areas of your behaviour and style that require development and how to improve
Excel at Remote Communication with Staff
- Ensure optimum communication with team members
- Combat isolation and loneliness through building a community
- Negotiate remotely, making clear decisions and carrying them out
- Consider software options, tools and techniques to maximise strong remote working
- Replicate the office – or not? Mapping processes and relationships to replicate or change
Successful Remote Meetings
- Consider why we meet at all
- Explore technology options for remote meetings
- Discuss challenges and opportunities of remote meetings
- Take away transferable knowledge and skills to apply to your teams and organisation
- Understand essential preparation for the chair, including agenda and time management
- Discover the rules of remote meetings: how to be more effective on a call than in a room
- Trainer will review the day’s learning and the next stages of the course
- Delegates will have time to ask questions and share views with one another
Coaching Conversations: Using Emotional Intelligence
- Gain techniques to avoid staff burn out
- Understand the value of the coaching style of leadership
- Review the coaching process: how it works, and how it works remotely
- Explore the ALIVE© Process with a case study of a remote development program
- Use coaching conversations with audio or video technology to support team members
Workshop: Develop a More Robust Remote Working Management Development Plan
Develop your own list of priorities and share them for feedback from the tutor and the group. Refine this into a plan over time: what now, what next and where to next. Build an action plan to implement at work.