Emotional intelligence (EI) improves productivity, efficiency, and morale in the workplace. Through self-awareness, self-management, social awareness, and relationship management, emotionally intelligent leaders can overcome stress easily and understand how their decisions affect their teams and their performance.
By recognising and developing these competencies, you can drastically develop your management style and increase your influence and productivity in the workplace. Simply put, a resilient workforce and leadership team saves organisations money.
Attend this one-day Applying Emotional Intelligence course to discover how you can use EI techniques as a management tool, drive results, and achieve your objectives with your team.
This course provides you with a range of tools and long-term skills to enhance your leadership skills through a range of workshops and public sector-focused case studies. Understand the fundamentals of EI and how to apply it to your work culture and leave the day with a clear action plan to take back to your organisation and become a better leader.
Unlocking the Power of Virtual
Our virtual courses have been designed with you in mind. From group exercises in breakout rooms to live chat, whiteboards and interactive polls, we use a range of tools and techniques to ensure that you can connect with your trainer; network and share best practice with your peers and leave the day with the skills you need.
Our courses provide you with an interactive and engaging learning environment that can be accessed from any location, helping you to continue to connect, learn and grow. Click here to discover more!
Please note this course will be delivered via Zoom.
Duncan is a senior director with over 30 years of experience in the publishing industry, as well as a decade as a Vice Chair and Non-Executive Director of an NHS Trust. He is also group leader and councillor at West Oxfordshire District Council, and spent a decade close to government on their National Policy Forum. Duncan is an experienced director, influencer and communicator who has been both elected and appointed to senior roles in NHS, policy and local government. He is used to analysing complex situations and communicating aims to persuade, influence, drive change, optimise performance and improve team understanding. Read more
Virtual Icebreaker and Clarification of Learning Objectives
Fundamentals of Emotional Intelligence (EI): The Key Competencies
- Understand the fundamentals of EI and the nature of emotions
- Explore how EI can invoke positive emotions in people, and help achieve your professional or organisational goals
- Determine how to apply EI in a given situation, including improving cooperation amongst your colleagues and managing difficult people
- Understand the four key competencies of EI, and the 19 capabilities that underpin them
Emotionally Intelligent Leadership Styles
Delegates will participate in an interactive workshop that explains the six leadership styles and discuss their own personal strengths and weaknesses
- Discover a range of leadership styles and in which circumstances to apply them
- Explore areas of your leadership style that require further development
- Develop a plan to take back to your organisation and improve EI, incorporating assessment of areas for workplace improvements
- Create efficient and successful teams that perform at their best
- How to apply the Johari Window framework for self-disclosure and feedback
- Utilise the Johari Window to build Emotional Intelligence competence to create a positive environment and improve relationships
- Trainer will review the day’s learning and the next stages of the course
- Delegates will have time to ask questions and share views with one another
Creating a High-Performing Culture Using Emotional Intelligence
- Develop a common language of EI in your organisation
- Use EI techniques to develop and strengthen your relationships
- Analyse the importance of empathy to create a positive culture
- Four culture types: how your leadership style can create high performance
- Consider the key capabilities in which you require development and those of importance in your organisation and those you work with
- Explore the core strategies for developing more appropriate responses to the emotions of others
- Being more open-minded and agreeable; to improving empathy skills; to reading people’s body language more clearly; to seeing the effect they have on others; and practicing being emotionally honest
Style of Leadership: The Power of Coaching Conversations
- Develop coaching techniques to improve how you manage potentially stressful conversations
- Consider how coaching conversations can become part of your remote working arrangements
- Understand the To GROW model for coaching conversations
In this session, delegates will take the time to reflect on what they have learned through the day to prioritise and build capacity to become a better leader moving forward.
Round Up and Key Takeaways
- In groups, delegates will discuss current workplace issues and develop solutions using EI
- Apply EI skills to improve team performance, efficiency and success