Emotional intelligence (EI) improves productivity, efficiency and morale in the workplace. Through self-awareness, self-management, social awareness and relationship management, emotionally intelligent leaders can easily overcome stress and understand how their decisions affect their teams and their performance.
By recognising and developing these competencies, you can drastically improve your management style and increase your influence and productivity in the workplace. Simply put, a resilient workforce and leadership team saves organisations money.
Attend our one-day Applying Emotional Intelligence interactive course to discover how you can use EI techniques as a management tool, drive results and achieve your objectives with your team.
Through a range of expert-led workshops and public sector-focused case studies, gain the tools and long-term skills to enhance your leadership skills. Leave the day with the fundamentals of EI, how to apply it and a clear action plan to take back and implement with your team.
Unlocking the Power of Virtual
Our virtual courses have been designed with you in mind. From group exercises in breakout rooms to live chat, whiteboards and interactive polls, we use a range of tools and techniques to ensure that you can connect with your trainer; network and share best practice with your peers and leave the day with the skills you need.
Our courses provide you with an interactive and engaging learning environment that can be accessed from any location, helping you to continue to connect, learn and grow.
Please note we will use Zoom to virtually deliver this course.
Duncan is a senior director with over 30 years of experience in the publishing industry, as well as a decade as a Vice Chair and Non-Executive Director of an NHS Trust. He is also group leader and councillor at West Oxfordshire District Council, and spent a decade close to government on their National Policy Forum. Duncan is an experienced director, influencer and communicator who has been both elected and appointed to senior roles in NHS, policy and local government. He is used to analysing complex situations and communicating aims to persuade, influence, drive change, optimise performance and improve team understanding. Read more
Virtual Icebreaker and Clarification of Learning Objectives
Fundamentals of Emotional Intelligence (EI): The Key Competencies
- Understand the fundamentals of EI and the nature of emotions
- Understand the four key competencies of EI and the 19 capabilities that underpin them
- Explore how EI can invoke positive emotions in people, and help achieve your professional or organisational goals
- Determine how to apply EI in a given situation, including improving cooperation amongst your colleagues and managing difficult people
Emotionally Intelligent Leadership Styles
Participate in an interactive workshop that explains the six leadership styles and discuss their own personal strengths and weaknesses
- Discover a range of leadership styles and how to apply them
- Create efficient and successful teams that perform at their best
- Explore areas of your leadership style that require further development
- Develop a plan to take back to your organisation and improve EI, incorporating assessment of areas for workplace improvements
- How to apply the Johari Window framework for self-disclosure and feedback
- Utilise the Johari Window to build Emotional Intelligence competence to create a positive environment and improve relationships
- Trainer will review the day’s learning and the next stages of the course
- Delegates will have time to ask questions and share views with one another
Creating a High-Performing Culture Using Emotional Intelligence
- Develop a common language of EI in your organisation
- Analyse the importance of empathy to create a positive culture
- Use EI techniques to develop and strengthen your relationships
- Four culture types: how your leadership style can create high performance
- Consider the key capabilities in which you or your team require development
Style of Leadership: The Power of Coaching Conversations
- Understand the To GROW model for coaching conversations
- Develop coaching techniques to improve how you manage potentially stressful conversations
- Consider how coaching conversations can become part of your remote working arrangements
In this session, develop an action plan to apply EI techniques back in your organisation.
Round Up and Key Takeaways
- In groups, delegates will discuss current workplace issues and develop solutions using EI
- Apply EI skills to improve team performance, efficiency and success