The current situation can affect anybody’s personal resilience and wellbeing, even the most stress free and resilient of us are finding it challenging during this difficult time. Given that remote working is now the norm, having that usual support network amongst colleagues can be very challenging without face-to-face contact.
This virtual Enhancing Your Personal Resilience and Wellbeing training course has been specifically designed to help you maintain and if needed, enhance your personal resilience and wellbeing. This course helps you with your personal resilience, mental health, and avoid burnout.
In a safe and non-judgmental environment, this course gives you the necessary tools and skills to help you build your personal resilience. Greater personal resilience will ultimately help you with your personal and professional life.
Attend this course to understand what personal resilience is; identify what causes stress and develop a personal resilience plan which suits your needs.
Unlocking the Power of Virtual
Our virtual courses have been designed with you in mind. From group exercises in breakout rooms to live chat, whiteboards and interactive polls, we use a range of tools and techniques to ensure that you can connect with your trainer; network and share best practice with your peers and leave the day with the skills you need.
Our courses provide you with an interactive and engaging learning environment that can be accessed from any location, helping you to continue to connect, learn and grow. Click here to discover more!
Please note we will be using Zoom to deliver this course.
Duncan is a senior director with over 30 years of experience in the publishing industry, as well as a decade as a Vice Chair and Non-Executive Director of an NHS Trust. He is also group leader and councillor at West Oxfordshire District Council, and spent a decade close to government on their National Policy Forum. Duncan is an experienced director, influencer and communicator who has been both elected and appointed to senior roles in NHS, policy and local government. He is used to analysing complex situations and communicating aims to persuade, influence, drive change, optimise performance and improve team understanding. Read more
Virtual Ice Breaker and Clarification of Learning Objectives
What is Personal Resilience?
- Understand the key tenets of personal resilience
- Identify the main causes of stress and how it can impact your daily life
- Gain techniques to manage stress
What is Stress and How Does it Manifest Itself?
- Gain an understanding of the theory and science behind stress
- Discuss what triggers stress and how it can vary from person to person
- Develop techniques to avoid burnout
- Pinpoint factors and processes that could be classed as ‘stressors’
- Discover ways to identify and combat stress whilst working
Personal Resilience and Wellbeing Best Practice
- Establish a framework for good practice
- Definite ‘dos’ – to establish a realistic and sustainable resilient plans
- Definite ‘don’ts’ – avoid common pitfalls and knowledge gaps
- Trainer will review the day’s learning and the next stages of the course
- Delegates will have time to ask questions and share views with one another
Develop Personal Resilience Strategies
- Understand different personality types and how they form emotional intelligence
- Analyse the importance of empathy in demonstrating social awareness
- Explore the core strategies for responding to the emotions of others
- How to be more open-minded and agreeable; improve empathy skills; see the effect they have on others and practise being emotionally honest
Workshop: Developing a Personal Resilience and Wellbeing Plan
- Gain a number of tools and techniques for reducing stress through personal resilience
- Work out which tools work for you and apply these to your specific day-to-day situations
- Review and put into practice the days learning
- Develop a personal resilience plan that best suits you