In today’s complex environment, implementing strategic objectives to improve service delivery and performance is not always simple for many public sector organisations.
Attend our Understanding Strategic Implementation course to bridge the gap between strategy and execution. Learn to use the 4 Key Themes of Strategic Implementation framework and gain valuable management tools to help mitigate uncertainties.
Whether you want to secure senior buy-in or communicate the strategy across the entire organisation, this practical course gives you the tools to ensure your strategy is delivered smoothly and successfully.
Unlocking the Power of Virtual
Our virtual courses have been designed with you in mind. From group exercises in breakout rooms to live chat, whiteboards and interactive polls, we use a range of tools and techniques to ensure that you can connect with your trainer; network and share best practice with your peers and leave the day with the skills you need.
Our courses provide you with an interactive and engaging learning environment that can be accessed from any location, helping you to continue to connect, learn and grow. Click here to discover more!
Please note this course will be delivered virtually via Zoom.
David is a change management and commercial expert, with a passion for helping to create more effective services. He works with a wide range of organisations and their staff on developing their commercial awareness, bringing about culture change and developing and implementing effective strategies.
He has worked extensively across the public and private sectors, working with over 50 local authorities, many NHS Trusts, Central Government departments and Science Councils in the last three years.
David is passionate about translating strategy into action in a way that engages staff and develops buy-in and high levels of productivity. Read more
Trainer’s Welcome and Clarification of Learning Objectives
- Is it change-ready?
- What is your organisation’s strategy?
- Create a plan to implement the strategic objective and achieve success using Mintzberg’s 5 Ps of strategy and test using an Implementation Readiness Assessment
Effectively Communicate Your Strategy
- Persuasion will be looked at and applied to strategic implementation
- Communicate strategy to key decision-makers to obtain senior level buy-in
- Use stakeholder analysis to better engage with internal and external stakeholders
- Utilise management tools to identify how to best work with stakeholders to achieve strategic goals
- Learn how to effectively pitch and position a strategic vision to colleagues using tools and techniques to enhance influencing
- Trainer will review the day’s learning and the next stages of the course
- Delegates will have time to ask questions and share views with one another
Managing Organisational, Cultural, and Structural Change
- Overcome obstacles to implementing strategic objectives
- Identify the barriers to change using Force Field Analysis to work out the most suitable approach
- Consider how to adapt systems and processes to facilitate your aims using Johnson and Scholes Cultural Web
Evaluating and Improving the Implementation Process
- Adapt to deliver the outcomes of the plan
- Evaluate and improve the implementation process
- Bring together the 4 key themes you have learned during the day and develop a framework for strategic implementation to take back to your organisation