Having confident and constructive conversations requires fairness, consistency and awareness. To achieve the conversational objectives, you need to know how to communicate openly and steer conversations in the right direction.
Our interactive Confident Conversations course is designed to help public sector professionals at all levels gain invaluable communication tools and techniques to effectively manage conversations and ensure they remain productive.
Through expert-led practical workshop sessions and role-play, enhance your listening skills and utilise body language and voice techniques to improve your confidence and make sure you feel in control.
Anne Walsh is a Dialect, Voice and Vocal Communications Coach with extensive one-to-one and group business coaching experience in the private, corporate, public and charitable sectors with clients from the fields of Finance, Law, HR, Music, Publishing, Politics, Property, Local Government, Psychotherapy, Science, Medicine, Media, Art, Health and Well-being, IT, Teaching, Accountancy, Consultancy, Interior Design, Fashion, Journalism, Research, Secretarial and Administration, Higher Education (Lecturers and MA\PhD students.)
She was Voice and Communications Trainer at the Royal Central School of Speech & Drama from 2008-2012 and designed and delivered in-house training in London, nationally, and in Europe, ...
Trainer’s Welcome and Clarification of Learning Objectives
Workplace Conversations: Your Experiences
- Understand why difficult conversations can arise
- How to identify sensitive topics
- Discuss with the group what types of complex conversations you’ve had so far
- Develop your own approach to arranging the conversation
Workshop: Utilise Active Listening Techniques
- Utilise listening skills to improve your conversation style
- Learn how to hone in on key information
- Gain techniques to distinguish between emotions, opinions and facts
- Practice paraphrasing to demonstrate understanding
Workshop: Harness the Power of Your Voice
- Exert confidence through your voice
- Practice breathing and voice techniques
- Learn how to control your nerves when talking to people
- Gain practical skills to help manage difficult conversations
Workshop: Utilise the Power of Body Language
- Project positive body language
- Learn how to use hand gestures to exert your influence
- Gain practical techniques to read eye movement
Workshop: Managing Constructive Conversations in Action
Through role-plays put the day’s learning into action.
• Gain your own style when it comes to managing constructive conversations
• Receive feedback from the trainer on how you manage a conversation
• Develop the confidence when it comes to managing difficult conversations