Speeches provide a powerful opportunity to engage with your audience, share your message and empower others.
Attend our Successful Speechwriting and Delivery course to gain valuable skills and techniques to craft compelling and engaging speeches, utilise rhetoric methods to enhance your message and provide maximum impact on your audience
Leave the day with practical strategies and tips to implement into your speech writing and the ability to deliver with confidence.
Steve Payne is a coach, published author, writer and speaker. Steve is also one of very few certified Master Trainers of NLP globally and founder of the Academy of Coaching and Training. He sits on the Training and Accreditation Panel for the Association for NLP.
He is co-author of the critically acclaimed ‘My 31 Practices’, published by LID.
Steve originally trained at the world-renowned Royal Central School of Speech and Drama and spent many years working as a professional actor, featuring in many of the UK’s best loved television series, including Inspector Morse and EastEnders. Read more
Trainer’s Welcome and Clarification of Learning Objectives
An Introduction to Speech Writing
- Explore the fundamentals of speech writing: what are you trying to achieve?
- Discuss the key to successful speeches through historical examples
- Understand your audience: Learn to tailor your speech with your audience in mind
Creating Powerful Speeches: Structure and Flow
- Understand how to customise speeches to provide maximum impact
- Create powerful openings to make a statement
- Build rhythm and cadence to ensure a climatic and memorable closing
Utilise Rhetoric Methods and Storytelling to Enhance Your Speechwriting
Speechwriting for Delivery
- Understand your audience: learn how to communicate effectively with your audience
- Discover how to bring your thoughts to life
- Learn to win round your audience while delivering your core message
- Deliver your speech with confidence
Workshop: Delivering Your Speech
This session provides an opportunity to utilise the days learning to bring your speech writing skills to life. Work with the trainer to improve your delivery and implement effective performance skills.
- Work with the trainer to develop techniques and gain valuable feedback
- Takeaway useful tips and tricks to implement into your delivery