Within any organisation it is vital to have an effective commercial strategy in place, in order to generate more revenue that helps fund the delivery of better services.
To ensure the success of any commercial strategy; it is essential to understand the necessary tools to help implement your organisations’ commercial objectives.
On this Implementing Commercial Strategies course you will learn: how to see service users as customers; develop a more effective business plan, and improve the implementation of your organisations’ commercial objectives.
David is a change management and commercial expert, with a passion for helping to create more effective services. He works with a wide range of organisations and their staff on developing their commercial awareness, bringing about culture change and developing and implementing effective strategies.
He has worked extensively across the public and private sectors, working with over 50 local authorities, many NHS Trusts, Central Government departments and Science Councils in the last three years.
David is passionate about translating strategy into action in a way that engages staff and develops buy-in and high levels of productivity. Read more
Chair's Welcome and Clarification of Learning Objectives
- What are your commercial objectives?
- Are your commercial strategies “commercial-ready”?
- Use tools to scope your organisation’s commercial readiness
Customer Segmentation in Practice
• Learn how to view your service users as consumers
• Understand consumer behaviour
• Creating value from understanding customers’ needs and frustrations
• Maximise the return on your resources
Develop an Effective Business Plan
- Reduce the cost of selling services
- Learn how to absorb the cost of the marketing into the profits obtained
- Scope the competitive landscape: What are other competitive organisations offering
Managing the Marketing Process
- Develop a marketing plan to help sell your service
- Test the marker with your product
- Identify who you want to approach
- Form partnerships with key stakeholders
Evaluating and Improving the Implementation Process
- Evaluate and improve the implementation process
- Know how to adapt to deliver the outcomes of the plan
- Learn how to take the produce to the market place