Cyber resilience means an organisation is still able to continue to operate and recover while experiencing attacks. Given this, it is essential that public sector organisations have more robust counter cyber-attacks procedures and strategies in place.
Attend this Cyber Resilience Training course to identify the most significant security trends, define a secure IT environment, assess your current gaps, and determine an implementation framework.
Apply the knowledge you will gain into a more effective strategy and understand how it applies to your organisation. Leave the day with a clear action plan to improve your organisation’s cyber-security framework. The emphasis throughout will be on an approach that is pragmatic and affordable.
Unlocking the Power of Virtual
Our virtual courses have been designed with you in mind. From group exercises in breakout rooms to live chat, whiteboards and interactive polls, we use a range of tools and techniques to ensure that you can connect with your trainer; network and share best practice with your peers and leave the day with the skills you need.
Our courses provide you with an interactive and engaging learning environment that can be accessed from any location, helping you to continue to connect, learn and grow. Click here to discover more!
Please note we will be using Zoom to deliver this training course.
Want to know more about this topic?
John Hall is an independent Information Security Consultant offering pragmatic advice and assistance based on over 30 years of experience in IT generally and information and cybersecurity specifically. He has worked with organisations in the private, public and third sectors, ranging in size from micro-businesses to global corporations. He spent several years with IBM, where his clients included many household names.
John is a Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP). He was also an accredited adviser to the public sector under the UK Government CLAS scheme.
Learn more about John’s career Read more
Trainer’s Welcome and Clarification of Learning Objectives
Cyber Security Challenges
- Identify biggest cybersecurity trends
- Know the approaches used by many attackers
- Understand the most common breaches and attacks
Risk Assessment and Gap Analysis
- Understanding the value of the information assets your organisation holds
- Analysing the risks to those assets
- Ensuring appropriate counter measures are in place
- Identifying any gaps where a risk is not being effectively managed
Implementation of Cyber Resilience and Security Awareness
- Ensuring staff receive appropriate awareness training, and everyone has the same level and quality of training
- Training your staff so they can actively help to mitigate cyber risks
- Developing processes, procedures and best practice to reduce your risk of a successful attack or breach
- Delegates feedback on their current cybersecurity strategy
Incident Response and Recovery
- Preparing for a successful cyber attack: being able to quickly identify and isolate problems
- Recovering effectively from a cyber incident
Workshop: Develop and Implement More Robust Cyber Resilience Strategies
Based on what they have learned today, delegates will identify what is currently missing as part of their cybersecurity strategy and improve their current procedures.