Change is constant, fast-paced and sometimes daunting. Transformative periods can also impact staff at all levels and it is not just down to leaders to manage.
Our virtual Effective Change Management course has been specifically designed for public sector professionals of all levels to give you the skills you need to successfully navigate through transformative periods.
Attend this Effective Change Management course to gain practical skills and strategies to assess the impact of change on your organisation; learn how to bring people with you; create the necessary support for you and others; gain advice on enabling cultural change and take back more effective change management strategies to your organisation.
Unlocking the Power of Virtual
Our virtual courses have been designed with you in mind. From group exercises in breakout rooms to live chat, whiteboards and interactive polls, we use a range of tools and techniques to ensure that you can connect with your trainer; network and share best practice with your peers and leave the day with the skills you need.
Our courses provide you with an interactive and engaging learning environment that can be accessed from any location, helping you to continue to connect, learn and grow. Click here to discover more!
Please note we will be using Zoom to virtually deliver this training course
David is a change management and commercial expert, with a passion for helping to create more effective services. He works with a wide range of organisations and their staff on developing their commercial awareness, bringing about culture change and developing and implementing effective strategies.
He has worked extensively across the public and private sectors, working with over 50 local authorities, many NHS Trusts, Central Government departments and Science Councils in the last three years.
David is passionate about translating strategy into action in a way that engages staff and develops buy-in and high levels of productivity. Read more
Trainer’s Welcome and Clarification of Learning Objectives
Assess the Impact of Change on your Organisation
- External vs internal drivers
- Determine what support is needed
- Gain methods so you can manage change
- Assess how your organisation has changed
- Understand the impact change has on you and your organisation
- Discuss with the trainer and peers how you have managed change
Bringing People with You
- Utilise stakeholder mapping techniques
- Gain skills to secure buy-in from all levels
- Identify and overcome obstacles to change
- Learn what motivates people: values and objectives
- Effectively communicating change to management and colleagues
- Learn how to persuade others to your point of view – irrespective of position within the organisation
Supporting You and Others
- Discuss ways to reduce potential disruption
- Understand the psychological impact change has on you
- Balancing change at work whilst working remotely or in the office
- Learn how to create support networks to help you manage change
- Develop your own resilience to help you manage periods of rapid transformation
- Trainer will review the day’s learning and the next stages of the course
- Delegates will have time to ask questions and share views with one another
Enable Effective Cultural Change
- Use tools to design an effective culture
- Explore the link between Culture and Behaviour
- Examine the impact culture has upon behaviour
- Establish your organisation’s ideal culture for implementing change
- Encourage staff to look at their own behaviour and influence the culture
Workshop: Developing Strategies for Managing Change
- Identify and mitigate any potential obstacle to change
- Learn how to lead cultural change within your organisation
- Review and identify what change strategies work best for you
- Take back an action plan to your organisation to apply the day’s learning
- Engender confidence in yourself and others that you can manage change