To ensure a strategy is sound and produces successful outcomes, good quality decisions need to be made. Good decisions, in turn, rely on high quality strategic thinking.
Attend this course to change your thinking, challenge perceptions and plan actions that will enable change. Hone your skills in a collaborative and open training environment.
This Effective Strategic Thinking virtual course will de-mystify strategic thinking; assess the benefits of strategic analysis; learn how to use strategic analysis and understand how to best implement your strategy at your organisation.
This highly interactive course aimed specifically at the public sector allows you to evaluate your performance, address your weaknesses and gain a deeper understanding of how imaginative thinking can improve your work.
Through the use of virtual breakout rooms sessions and group discussions leave the day confident in your abilities to generate tangible results in your role and implement change in your organisation.
Unlocking the Power of Virtual
Our virtual courses have been designed with you in mind. From group exercises in breakout rooms to live chat, whiteboards and interactive polls, we use a range of tools and techniques to ensure that you can connect with your trainer; network and share best practice with your peers and leave the day with the skills you need.
Our courses provide you with an interactive and engaging learning environment that can be accessed from any location, helping you to continue to connect, learn and grow. Click here to discover more!
Please note we will use Zoom to virtually deliver this course.
Charlotte is a trained facilitator and coach who specializes in service development, strategic thinking and managing transition for organisations and individuals. She is trained in supporting individuals and organisations using the Myers Briggs Type Indicator and has wide experience of people and project management within fast-paced, commercial environments.
Her current portfolio includes support to a range of NHS organisations including: GP Practices, Mental Health Trusts, Community Services and NHS England. In addition to her support to the NHS, she supports University and Public sector organisations with leadership development including resilience, conflict management and managing through culture change. Read more
Virtual Ice Breaker and Clarification of Learning Objectives
- The Chair will discuss delegate experiences to identify personal objectives for the day and tailor the course to specific requirements
Trainer’s Welcome and Clarification of Learning Objectives
- What do you want to achieve today?
What Exactly is Strategic Thinking?
- What myths exist about ‘strategic thinking’? What is true?
- What good examples of strategy have you seen and what made them good?
- What is your strategic issue?
The Benefits of Strategic Analysis
- External environment v. internal capability?
- What external factors could help or hinder?
- What possible scenarios do you need to be prepared for?
- Trainer will review the day’s learning and the next stages of the course
- Delegates will have time to ask questions and share views with one another
Using Strategic Analysis in Your Organisation
- What is your vision of success?
- Who are the stakeholders?
- How strong do those relationships need to be and how can you strengthen them?
- Who do you need to influence?
- What are the strengths and weaknesses?
Effective Strategic Implementation
- What is the difference between change and transition?
- What do your priorities need to be?
- Overcoming your own limiting assumptions