Greater personal resilience and wellbeing will ultimately help you with stressful situations at work, enhance your performance and make you more calm and collected in challenging situations.
In a safe and non-judgmental environment, our Enhancing Your Personal Resilience and Wellbeing course gives you the necessary tools and skills to help you manage stress and avoid burnout and adapt to change.
Leave the day knowing how to apply the benefits of enhancing your personal resilience, how to effectively reduce stress, gain strategies to improve resilience and wellbeing and develop a personal resilience plan which suits your needs.
Unlocking the Power of Virtual
Our virtual courses have been designed with you in mind. From group exercises in breakout rooms to live chat, whiteboards and interactive polls, we use a range of tools and techniques to ensure that you can connect with your trainer; network and share best practice with your peers and leave the day with the skills you need.
Our courses provide you with an interactive and engaging learning environment that can be accessed from any location, helping you to continue to connect, learn and grow.
Please note we will be using Zoom to deliver this course.
Duncan is a senior director with over 30 years of experience in the publishing industry, as well as a decade as a Vice Chair and Non-Executive Director of an NHS Trust. He is also group leader and councillor at West Oxfordshire District Council, and spent a decade close to government on their National Policy Forum. Duncan is an experienced director, influencer and communicator who has been both elected and appointed to senior roles in NHS, policy and local government. He is used to analysing complex situations and communicating aims to persuade, influence, drive change, optimise performance and improve team understanding. Read more
Trainer’s Welcome and Clarification of Learning Objectives
The Benefits of Personal Resilience
- Understand the key tenets of personal resilience
- Learn how greater personal resilience can improve your productivity
- Gain the latest research on how personal resilience has changed since the pandemic
Finding Solutions: Reducing Stress
- Identify work related “stressors”
- Learn best ways to overcome stressful situations at work
- Utilise techniques to help you manage daily stressors
Personal Resilience and Wellbeing Best Practice
- Establish a framework for good practice
- Definite ‘don’ts’ – avoid common pitfalls and knowledge gaps
- Definite ‘dos’ – to establish a realistic and sustainable resilient plan
- Adapt to a post-pandemic way of working
- Trainer will review the day’s learning and the next stages of the course
- Delegates will have time to ask questions and share views with one another
Develop Personal Resilience Strategies
- Explore the core strategies for responding to the emotions of others
- Analyse the importance of empathy in demonstrating social awareness
- Understand different personality types and how they form emotional intelligence
- Learn how to be more open-minded and agreeable; improve empathy skills; see the effect they have on others and practise being emotionally honest
Workshop: Developing a Personal Resilience and Wellbeing Plan
- Develop a personal resilience plan that suits you best
- Review and put into practice the three days of learning
- Gain several tools and techniques for reducing stress through personal resilience
- Work out which tools work for you and apply these to your specific day-to-day situations