The Success of any project or policy is dependent on the effective management of stakeholders. The support and buy-in from key contributors is the key ingredient that gives projects the best chance of positive outcomes.
Dealing with a variety of stakeholders with differing or competing interests can be challenging. This course examines how to develop a communication plan and strategy to expertly engage your key partners.
The expert trainer will work with you to create a dynamic plan to maximise relationships during the life of a project. Learn how to overcome conflict and build strong relationships and increase confidence in the speed of problem solving.
Attend this A Guide to Successful Stakeholder Management training course to perfect your stakeholder management skills.
David is a change management and commercial expert, with a passion for helping to create more effective services. He works with a wide range of organisations and their staff on developing their commercial awareness, bringing about culture change and developing and implementing effective strategies.
He has worked extensively across the public and private sectors, working with over 50 local authorities, many NHS Trusts, Central Government departments and Science Councils in the last three years.
David is passionate about translating strategy into action in a way that engages staff and develops buy-in and high levels of productivity. Read more
Trainer's Welcome and Clarification of Learning Objectives
Stakeholder Management: Key Principles
- Understand the importance of effective stakeholder management in any project of programme
- Identify key challenges for your organisation in stakeholder management
- What makes a successful stakeholder relationship?
- Identify best practice in effective stakeholder management
Understand Your Organisational Objectives
- How to identify key objectives within a project or programme
- Ascertain which stakeholders will contribute to these objectives
- Outlining objectives, responsibilities, and obligations of all parties
Identifying and Mapping Stakeholders
- How to successfully map stakeholders within a project or programme
- Examine different types of stakeholder maps
- How to effectively identify diverse varieties of stakeholders
- Prioritising stakeholders during the life of a project
- Develop your own stakeholder mapping technique
Developing Communication Strategies for Stakeholders
In this session, delegates will work on practical exercises with the trainer to help engage with key stakeholders and develop a communication strategy for their projects and programmes.
- Manage conversations with stakeholders
- Define responsibilities and roles in partnership working
- Select communication methodologies to best influence and engage
- Effective language, style, and tone to create persuasive communications
Evaluating Stakeholder Relationships
In this session, delegates will learn how to monitor, analyse, and evaluate stakeholder relationships and develop stakeholder strategies to achieve their organisational goals
- How to evaluate relationships with your stakeholders
- Monitor and preserve relationships during the life of a project or programme
- Develop skills in overcoming conflict with stakeholders
- Learn from your stakeholder relationships to maintain and manage your organisational goals