The future is unpredictable, but we’ve got the tools and techniques you need to develop a clear roadmap to meet your goals.
Join Change Management Expert, David Elverson, on our Effective Strategic Planning course to learn how to see the bigger picture, implement horizon scanning techniques and plan for events before they happen. Develop the skills to forecast and analyse trends which might have an impact on your organisation – including cultural, political and economic developments.
Through interactive expert-led exercises and feedback sessions, leave the day with the tools and knowledge to implement a strategic plan to ensure your organisation is taking the best step forward.
Unlocking the Power of Virtual
Our virtual courses have been designed with you in mind. From group exercises in breakout rooms to live chat, whiteboards and interactive polls, we use a range of tools and techniques to ensure that you can connect with your trainer; network and share best practices with your peers and leave the day with the skills you need.
Our courses provide you with an interactive and engaging learning environment that can be accessed from any location, helping you to continue to connect, learn and grow. Click here to discover more!
Please note we will be using Zoom to virtually deliver this course.
David is a change management and commercial expert, with a passion for helping to create more effective services. He works with a wide range of organisations and their staff on developing their commercial awareness, bringing about culture change and developing and implementing effective strategies.
He has worked extensively across the public and private sectors, working with over 50 local authorities, many NHS Trusts, Central Government departments and Science Councils in the last three years.
David is passionate about translating strategy into action in a way that engages staff and develops buy-in and high levels of productivity. Read more
Trainer’s Welcome and Clarification of Learning Objectives
Strategic Planning and Horizon Scanning
- Gain an overview of different definitions and theories
- Appreciate the bigger picture – why do we need to plan ahead?
- Learn about different scenarios when horizon scanning is used
Strategic Planning in Specific Contexts
- Understand different approaches and methodologies
- Consider when different approaches are most useful
- Apply the benefits of each approach to your organisation
- Look at your own organisation and what to consider throughout planning
The Importance of Analysing Trends
- Analyse specific cultural, political and economic trends
- Understand how analysing trends could benefit your organisation
- Forecast which trends will most impact your work and your team
Threats vs. Opportunities
- Engage in discussion around your organisation’s challenges
- Consider the threats facing different organisations and industries
- Discuss the importance of outlining potential threats and future opportunities
- Draw conclusions on the best ways of mitigating your challenges and how best to uncover opportunities
Recognising the Importance of Building in Communications
- Understand when to seek advice on communications
- Learn when communications are most effectively deployed
- Discuss the role of communications in strategic planning
Workshop: Applying the Right Approach to Your Organisation
- Receive dedicated advice from the Trainer on your action plan
- Recap the methodologies and tools covered throughout the day
- Formulate an action plan to implement horizon scanning in your organisation