Teams with inclusive leaders perform better, are more engaged and thrive on diversity.
Attend our Critical Skills for Inclusive Leaders course to understand the main traits of an inclusive leader and how you can incorporate them into your leadership style. Learn how to shift behaviours and perceptions within your teams to help improve diversity and inclusion within your organisation.
Leave the day with a toolkit and action plan to embed greater diversity and inclusion within your organisation.
David Pearson is an award-winning inclusion & diversity expert with extensive global experience in culture transformation, leadership, change management and employee engagement.
He has advised a wide range of clients from different sectors and sizes and has experience in EMEA & ASPAC, including leading a culture transformation programme for 18,000 people, providing subject matter expertise on inclusion & diversity in KPMG’s People Consulting Practice and, as Director, Global I&D for KPMG International, delivering diversity & inclusion for 200,000 people in 154 countries.
Some of David’s accomplishments involved a received honour and reward for ‘Top 10 ...
Trainer’s Welcome and Clarification of Learning Objectives
Workshop: The Key Traits of An Inclusive Leader
- Identify the key traits of an inclusive leader
- Assess your leadership style
- Discuss professional or personal experiences around communicating about inclusion
- Consider any challenges you have faced so far
Develop Your Self Awareness by Cultivating Your Curiosity
- Pinpoint your personal blind spots and how they impact your performance as a leader
- Identify how to cultivate your curiosity to seek missing perspectives
- Learn about the value of curiosity for personal growth, organisational learning and creating connections
- Create the space to encourage feedback and improve your accountability on diversity issues
Create a Safe Working Environment to Generate Trust and Accountability
- Ask the right questions to get better engagement with your team
- Know how to address multiple points of view to ensure all your employees are heard
- Learn about psychological safety and how it relates to your role as a leader
- Toolkit: measure psychological safety in your teams
- Understand the role of belonging to improve trust and accountability within your teams
Toolkit: Inclusive Communication
- Define the principles of inclusive communication
- Know how to use inclusive language
- Learn about audience-centred language: word choice, vocal patterns and non-verbal cues
- Remain comfortable when communicating about diversity issues
Engender A Greater Appreciation for Diversity and Inclusion
- Identify reluctant individuals in your organisation and their reasons
- Understand their values and adapt your leadership style
- Use the right language and approach to get obstructive people on board
- Learn how to create diversity advocates to promote diversity and inclusion
- Gain insight and practical tools on the role of culture change
Action Planning: Incorporate the Key Traits of Inclusive Leadership
In this session, take the time to reflect on the day’s learnings to identify which critical skills you will focus on moving forward to foster visible commitment, trust and accountability within your organisation.