Investing your time in managing the performance of your employees is essential to ensure that your team, service and organisation are all delivering excellent services
As a leader, you are responsible for knowing if your team members are performing well and offering them motivation, support and encouragement.
Join our Effectively Managing Staff Performance course to learn proven techniques to manage difficult conversations, re-engage underperforming staff, maintain and encourage high standards and continuously monitor employee performance with empathy and support.
Leave the day with the skills to identify and prevent underperformance and learn how to motivate, support and encourage staff to meet and exceed organisational performance standards.
Marie is a dedicated, passionate professional people development specialist, who runs her own Coaching and training business. She partners with organisations to make a difference to employees as individuals and enables them to feel engaged with the organisations they work for, leading them to achieve their own and their organisations’ vision.
Marie is passionate about having the ability to enthuse others to learn, through engagement, building trust and understanding what motivates people to perform. She has held her role of Director and People Development Consultant for over 10 years following her roles for companies such as Prudential, HBOS, ...
Trainer’s Welcome and Introductions
Understand the Key Principles of Performance Management
- Establish what good performance looks like
- Gain techniques to identify performance issues before productivity becomes a problem
- Develop techniques to support staff with their performance
Managing Constructive Conversations
- Gain the confidence to raise performance issues with members of staff
- Ensure the conversations are clear, calm and fair
- Learn how to be assertive when raising underperformance with staff
- Develop techniques to deal with objection
Re-Engaging Underperforming Staff
- Develop strategies to re-engage underperforming staff
- Ensure staff are engaged with your organisation’s goals
- Establish a framework to reinforce positive attitudes and behaviours to benefit the organisation’s performance: loyalty, idea generation, reduced absence and productivity
- Learn how to improve morale of staff
Maintaining Staff Performance
- Develop techniques to ensure your staff are still performing to a high level
- Learn how to sustain high levels of performance
- Understand the importance of regular feedback
- Deploy leadership techniques to maintain high performance
Evaluating and Monitoring Staff Performance
- Develop techniques to evaluate staff performance
- Gain methods to monitor and improve staff productivity
- Ensure performance is matched with your organisation’s strategic goals