Successful leadership doesn’t just depend on technical expertise, it also requires excellent communication skills and a confident and influential presence.
Attend our Developing Your Leadership Presence course with our RADA trained Communications Consultant, Sandra Miller, to cultivate and enhance the impact of your presence.
Through role plays, practical exercises and tutor-led discussions, gain techniques on how to effectively command a room and use verbal and non-verbal cues to exert your influence. Develop your communication skills, build confidence and boost your ability to lead your team with credibility.
Leave the day with the tools and strategies needed to become more effective and impactful leader.
Unlocking the Power of Virtual
Our virtual courses have been designed with you in mind. From group exercises in breakout rooms to live chat, whiteboards, and interactive polls, we use a range of tools and techniques to ensure that you can connect with your trainer; network and share best practice with your peers and leave the day with the skills you need.
Our courses provide you with an interactive and engaging learning environment that can be accessed from any location, helping you to continue to connect, learn and grow. Click here to discover more!
Please note we will be using Zoom to deliver this course.
Sandra Miller is a RADA trained Actor and now works extensively in the corporate sector providing coaching, consultancy and training in communication skills.
Her area of specialist expertise covers Presentation Skills, Interview Techniques, Handling People in Difficult Situations, Storytelling and Influential Communications.
Her clients include many ‘blue chip’ organisations including the BBC, BBC Worldwide, Bristol Water, Friends Provident, Financial Reporting Council, Unilever, Vocalink, Elavon Merchant Services etc. In the public sector clients include the NHS and many District, Borough and City Councils and Universities including working with Politicians and Academics and Civil Servants.
Trainer’s Welcome and Clarification of Learning Objectives
Traits of an Influential Leader
- Explore and identify the different leadership styles and traits of a good leader
- Identify the leadership style which suits you and your organisation’s culture
- Create a powerful personal brand
Using Communication to Build Trust, Credibility, Confidence, and Influence
- The importance of preparation
- Build rapport with employees and stakeholders
- Focus on clarity, confidence, and authority to exert power and influence
- How to engage with and influence those who may have competing interests
Managing Difficult Situations
- Utilise communication skills to overcome difficult situations and personalities
- Learn how to confidently deal with a difficult audience
- Act with poise and credibility when handling questions
Physicality and Vocal Warm Up Exercises
Establishing and Developing Leadership Presence (Flexible afternoon break)
Work with the trainer to bring the days learning to life through role plays and practical exercises. Gain valuable feedback from the trainer to further growth and development.
- Learn and practise how to effectively command a room
- Convey a positive presence through nonverbal communication
- Know how to conduct yourself with assurance and gravitas
- Develop a confident leadership style and put this into practice through real life scenarios