Do you want to learn how to present written information in a more accurate, succinct and compelling way? Or master an array of different writing styles to engage with your colleagues and service users?
If so, then our long-standing Business Critical Writing course which has helped hundreds of public sector professionals improve their writing, is just what you need.
Through a combination of tutor input, delegate discussion and group work, learn how to write more effectively and give your writing skills a refresh.
Learn the fundamentals of writing and how they can be applied to all written communication; improve spelling and grammar; adopt writing styles that suit different audiences; and learn how to write through different communication channels, such as letters, emails or web copy.
Susan works with organisations and individuals to improve their written communications skills.
She worked as a regional and national newspaper journalist before setting up a full-service communications company, now established for 30 years.
She works with public and private sector organisations to help with:
- Effective emails
- Report writing
- Briefings and submissions
- Persuasive and influential writing techniques
- Promotional writing
- Effective complaint handling
- Communicating complex information for non-technical readers.
Her recent clients include Legal & General, HSBC, BRIT, the Law ...
Trainer’s Introduction and Clarification of Learning Objectives
Writing in the Public Sector
- Understand the ideas that drive effective writing
- Gain techniques to improve your spelling and grammar
- Receive tutor input followed by several short, practical exercises to test your skills and answer your questions
From Brain to Brief - How to Translate Business Ideas into Intelligent Prose
- Understand the nuances of different writing styles
- Communicating your ideas concisely – which words should you choose?
- Being succinct and coherent
- Ask questions, test your knowledge and identify areas for improvement
Writing More Effective Digital Copy
- Look at how people read digital content, such as emails and web copy to ensure you tailor your writing for the reader
- Communicating your ideas concisely – learn which words to use
- Know how to best structure digital content to get your point across in the most succinct way
Tables, Graphs and Other Visual Aids
- Learn how to effectively use visual aids to help the reader better understand what you are saying
- Explore a wide range of tools to help you present information such as: Q&A briefings; informatics; tables; graphs; flow charts, and word clouds
Summarise Information in a Pressurised Environment
- Learn how to summarise information in a busy and demanding work environment
- Understand what the reader wants in order to present the information in the best way
- Ascertain what information to put in and leave out
- Work through a series of practical planning grids to create excellent summaries