Effective regulation is an essential governance tool that facilitates the design of policies, rules and laws that can aid the protection of service users, society and the economy.
Our Effective Regulation course is ideal for regulatory bodies and those who are subject to regulation.
Gain an overview of regulatory governance, avoid common pitfalls and successfully implement regulations. Improve efficiency in public services whilst achieving regulatory objectives and learn how to better monitor regulatory effectiveness to ensure regulations are fit for purpose.
Leave the day with skills to successfully hold the correct organisations to account, ensures citizens are properly protected and regulations achieve their objectives.
Rob’s main specialisation is in Change Management, Project Management Consultancy, M&E, Programme Support Services and Training. This experience has been gained through involvement with contractor and client organisations at all levels. He was formerly Head of Project Services for Atkins, one of Europe’s largest engineering and management consultancies.
Over a number of years Rob has been engaged in many large multi-disciplinary change programmes within Government and the private sector and also has extensive experience in overseas assignments.
Trainers Welcome and Clarification of Learning Objectives
An Introduction to Better Regulations
- Define better regulations
- Understand the role of regulations
- Review regulatory frameworks
- Explore regulatory successes and failures
Implementing Better Regulations
- Discuss rules-based V principle-based approaches
- Improve communication strategies to enhance regulatory implementation
- Ensure stakeholder participation/ engagement
- Understand the importance of transparency and accountability in better regulations
Reducing Compliance Burden
- Achieve regulatory objectives whilst minimising compliance burden
- Ensure regulations are proportionate
- Explore approaches to lessen burden on businesses
Achieving High Regulatory Standards
- Improve efficiency and productivity in public services
- Ensure regulations meet objectives and protect those they are intended to
- Make sure regulations are fit for the future
- Mitigate challenges associated with regulations
Effectively Monitor Regulations
- Understand the importance of monitoring regulations to ensure they are meeting objectives
- Measure regulatory success to maintain and improve outcomes
- Identify innovative strategies and ways to adapt for the future