The success of a project, programme or policy depends on effective engagement and management of key stakeholders. Dealing with a variety of stakeholders with different and sometimes competing interests can be challenging, especially if it’s done remotely.
Attend our Effective Stakeholder Management course to create a dynamic plan to preserve relationships with your stakeholders through the project lifecycle despite changes in circumstances. Learn how to overcome conflict with stakeholders, build strong relationships and overcome unforeseen obstacles that may arise.
Through practical exercises and group discussions, develop the knowledge and skills to identify and map key stakeholders, effectively manage conversations and evaluate stakeholder relationships.
COVID-19 Safety at Our Events
The safety of our delegates is extremely important to us, to find out what measures we have in place to ensure our face-to-face courses remain COVID-19 safe, click here.
David is a change management and commercial expert, with a passion for helping to create more effective services. He works with a wide range of organisations and their staff on developing their commercial awareness, bringing about culture change and developing and implementing effective strategies.
He has worked extensively across the public and private sectors, working with over 50 local authorities, many NHS Trusts, Central Government departments and Science Councils in the last three years.
David is passionate about translating strategy into action in a way that engages staff and develops buy-in and high levels of productivity. Read more
Trainer's Welcome and Clarification of Learning Objectives
Stakeholder Management: Key Principles
- What makes a successful stakeholder relationship?
- Identify best practice in effective stakeholder management
- Identify key challenges for your organisation in stakeholder management
- Understand the importance of effective stakeholder management in any project or programme
Understanding your Organisational Objectives
- How to identify key objectives within a project or programme
- Outline objectives, responsibilities and obligations of all parties
- Ascertain which stakeholders will contribute to these objectives
Identifying and Mapping Stakeholders
- Examine different types of stakeholder maps
- Prioritise stakeholders during the life of a project
- Develop your own stakeholder mapping technique
- How to effectively identify diverse varieties of stakeholders
- How to successfully map stakeholders within a project or programme
Effectively Manage your Communication with Stakeholders
In this session, delegates will work on practical exercises with the trainer to help engage with key stakeholders and develop a communication strategy for their projects and programmes.
- Identify what platform to use
- Manage conversations with stakeholders
- Define responsibilities and roles in partnership working
- Select communication methodologies to best influence and engage
- Effective language, style and tone to create persuasive communications
Evaluating Stakeholder Relationships
In this session, delegates will learn how to monitor, analyse, and evaluate stakeholder relationships and develop stakeholder strategies to achieve their organisational goals
- How to evaluate relationships with your stakeholders
- Develop skills in overcoming conflict with stakeholders
- Monitor and preserve relationships during the life of a project or programme
- Learn from your stakeholder relationships to maintain and manage your organisational goals