Public sector organisations are continuously at the forefront of innovative working and delivering services.
Now is the time to improve your ways of working and decide what method of working best suits your organisation.
This Understanding and Applying the Hybrid-Workplace Model course has been specifically designed to help organisations like yours to take a more dynamic approach to workforce planning.
Attend this course to gain a quick overview of what has changed and stayed the same since Covid; learn how the hybrid-workforce can be applied at your organisation; develop a more cohesive and collaborative workforce; consider technology issues and leave with an action plan to help you decide what approach works best for your workforce.
Unlocking the Power of Virtual
Our virtual courses have been designed with you in mind. From group exercises in breakout rooms to live chat, whiteboards and interactive polls, we use a range of tools and techniques to ensure that you can connect with your trainer; network and share best practice with your peers and leave the day with the skills you need.
Our courses provide you with an interactive and engaging learning environment that can be accessed from any location, helping you to continue to connect, learn and grow. Click here to discover more!
Please note we will use Zoom to virtually deliver this course.
David is a change management and commercial expert, with a passion for helping to create more effective services. He works with a wide range of organisations and their staff on developing their commercial awareness, bringing about culture change and developing and implementing effective strategies.
He has worked extensively across the public and private sectors, working with over 50 local authorities, many NHS Trusts, Central Government departments and Science Councils in the last three years.
David is passionate about translating strategy into action in a way that engages staff and develops buy-in and high levels of productivity. Read more
Trainer’s Welcome and Clarification of Learning Objectives
Covid and Public Sector Working: What’s Changed and What Has Stayed the Same?
- Benchmark how successfully your organisation has adapted against other public sector organisations
- Understand what the research says on the impact of COVID-19 and how we work
- Assess what has worked and not worked for you
The Hybrid-Workplace: Office Based and/or Remote Working
- Assess the cost behind office based and remote working staff
- Weigh up the pros and cons of an office-based vs remote workforce
- Staff planning – assess the number of staff that need to be office based and the amount that can work remotely
- Building trust with your staff in a hybrid setting
- Learn how to transition staff between an office and remote working environment
- Overcome obstacles to flexible and office-based working
- Learn how to adapt to the hybrid workplace
Cohesive and Collaborative Working
- Examine examples from across the private and public sector on innovative ways of working: interesting use of office space, improving morale and better connecting members of staff with each other
- Align new working patterns with your organisation’s objectives
- Foster greater team cohesion, between onsite and off-site staff
- Take into account diversity and inclusion issues
- Gain techniques to manage staff’s expectations around the new ways of working
- The trainer will review the day’s learning and the next stages of the course
- Delegates will have time to ask questions and share views with one another
Innovative Use of Technology
- Gain an overview on what technology can be used to improve your efficiency
- Assess what platform works best for your organisation
- Take into account security, privacy and cost issues
Workshop: Action Planning and Effective Workforce Planning
- Work with the trainer and delegates to identify the best approach for you
- Develop your workforce planning strategies to facilitate the hybrid model
- Apply the day’s learning to determine what working arrangement works best for you
- Review what you have learnt from this period and how it can support you in the future
- Align your organisation with the hybrid model
- Learn how to manage staff who will be in the office and working remotely
- Review the hybrid workplace model and how best it relates to your organisation