Within the public sector, it is vital to have a clear organisation-wide strategy in place, in order to enhance performance and deliver better services.
This Understanding Strategic Implementation course enables you to effectively communicate your strategy and secure senior buy-in to ensure success.
Attend this highly interactive Understanding Strategic Implementation course to understand the 4 key themes of strategic implementation; manage organisational, cultural and structural change; and evaluate and improve the implementation of your organisation’s strategic objectives.
David is a change management and commercial expert, with a passion for helping to create more effective services. He works with a wide range of organisations and their staff on developing their commercial awareness, bringing about culture change and developing and implementing effective strategies.
He has worked extensively across the public and private sectors, working with over 50 local authorities, many NHS Trusts, Central Government departments and Science Councils in the last three years.
David is passionate about translating strategy into action in a way that engages staff and develops buy-in and high levels of productivity. Read more
Trainer’s Welcome and Clarification of Learning Objectives
- What is your organisation’s strategy?
- Is it change-ready?
- Workshop: create a plan to implement the strategic objectives and achieve success using Mintzberg’s 5 Ps of strategy. The readiness of your plan will also be looked at using an Implementation Readiness Assessment
Effectively Communicate Your Strategy
- Communicate strategy to key decision-makers to obtain senior level buy-in
- Learn how to effectively pitch and position a strategic vision to colleagues though using tools and techniques for influencing
- Persuasion will be looked at and applied to strategic implementation
- Engage with staff and other stakeholders by using stakeholder analysis
- Utilise management tools to identify how to best work with stakeholders to achieve strategic goals
Managing Organisational, Cultural and Structural Change
- Overcome obstacles to implementing strategic objectives
- Consider how to adapt systems and processes to facilitate your aims using Johnson and Scholes Cultural Web to identify the culture as it is now and how that will impact on strategic implementation
- Decide on the most suitable approach when dealing with the speed of change, having identified the barriers to change using Force Field Analysis
Evaluating and Improving the Implementation Process
- Evaluate and improve the implementation process
- Know how to adapt to deliver the outcomes of the plan
- Bring together the 4 key themes you have learned during the day and develop a framework for strategic implementation to take back to your organisation