The ability to persuade and bring other people to your way of thinking is incredibly important, especially in hybrid and remote workplaces. The power of being heard and understood gives you a competitive edge and allow you to reach your goals more effectively.
Attend our half-day Masterclass: Influencing and Engaging Remotely to overcome the barriers to remotely engaging colleagues, key stakeholders and customers.
Understand the theory behind engaging and influencing others; create a dynamic setting to help you remotely engage and gain online active listening skills and body language techniques.
Apply the day’s learning through role-plays and practical scenarios, giving you greater confidence and the ability to not let distance hold you back.
Stuart is a business development and strategy expert, who is passionate about developing leaders and helping organisations move forward. He works with the private sector, third sector and public sector in a wide range of training and consultancy projects to develop income generation; leadership development and strategic positioning.
He has worked with NHS Trusts, government departments, local authorities, international, national and local charities, SME’s and Fortune 500 companies. Stuart has worked extensively with organisations internationally including the USA, Hong Kong, Tanzania, China, Mexico, El Salvador and Thailand. His creative approach to developing strategy and leaders means he ...
Trainers Welcome and Clarification of Learning Objectives
Understanding the Theory of Influencing and Engaging
- Gain a quick overview of the theory on influencing and engaging
- Discuss how influencing can be applied within the public sector
- Learn about the psychology behind influencing and engaging
- Understand the win/win theory
Maximising Influence: Creating the Virtual Space
- Plan and prepare your virtual setting: background picture, remove distractions, and resolve technology issues
- Learn techniques to come across professionally online
- Make an online impact instantly
- Take a holistic view of all virtual platforms
- Understand preparations required to influence online
- Ensure your influence translates in hybrid settings
Active Listening Online
- Gain active listening skills to influence online
- Understand the importance of silence on video conferences
- Instil trust and confidence in virtual and hybrid settings
- Build longer lasting partnerships
- Practice paraphrasing to demonstrate understanding
- Learn when and not to question to show that you have understood
Utilise Body Language Techniques Online
- Learn how to build trust remotely
- Practice developing your on-creen body language
- Gain practical techniques to remotely read eye movement
Roleplay Workshop: Online Influencing and Engagement in Action
This session provides an opportunity to practice skills learnt through practical exercises. Identify the techniques that work best for you in a professional and personal setting.
- Take part in role-plays to apply the knowledge learnt during the day
- Work through public sector examples to help you become a better influencer