Cloud offers the public sector a great way to reduce costs, update their solutions (and keep them updated – no more painful upgrades) and provide more efficient, faster services.
And with the Government’s Cloud First policy to consider, it’s essential that every public sector organisation has a great plan in place to assess their cloud needs and maturity when developing or procuring new IT solutions.
That’s why Building an Effective Cloud Strategy is the best way to prepare your organisation for the cloud. Improve your understanding of the different types of cloud products, and which platform is right for your needs.
Gain a practical toolset for implementing and managing a cloud strategy, including how to handle migration, avoid common mistakes and ensure data security and compliance.
Whether you’re new to the Cloud or just looking to expand your expertise, leave the day equipped with a plan to unlock the potential of cloud computing and drive efficiency and innovation in your organisation.
James is a digital transformation consultant with proven success driving digital enablement and business transformation initiatives as a strategist and innovator. Sixteen years’ experience within Local Government, and three years as a consultant, working primarily within the public sector.
Skills include Consultancy, Training, Mentoring, Programme Management and Project Management within the Digital Transformation domain.
Trainer Welcome and Clarification of Learning Objectives
Deciding Your Next Steps into the Cloud
- Assess current cloud maturity
- What cloud platforms do you use?
- How are you using them?
- Are there any problems?
- Break down the different types of cloud services
- SaaS/PaaS/IaaS – what are the differences and what are they used for?
- Understand which solutions are right your organisation
Preparing for Migration
- Learn how to engage with stakeholders across your organisation to prepare them for the transition
- Target the key areas to improve so you can maximise impact
- Outline cloud readiness assessment techniques to identify potential problem areas
Ensuring a Secure and Compliant Cloud approach
Understand the varied issues to consider when transitioning to the cloud, including…
Workshop: Producing Your Cloud Strategy Roadmap
Start building the foundations of your cloud strategy by beginning your roadmap. Start preparing a well-signposted plan for:
- Cost/Benefit Analysis
- Assessing cloud readiness
- Identifying the right platforms for your strategic direction
- Engaging stakeholders
- Monitoring security, risk and compliance
- Maximising ROI