Imagine having a team that can pivot at a moment’s notice, adapt to new changes and continuously improve.
Our highly interactive Developing Agile Teams course has helped hundreds of public sector teams to successfully embed agile methods and techniques, developing more change-ready teams.
Join experienced Project Management Consultant, Steve Browne, understand different agile tools and techniques to make your team nimbler and more adaptive to change. Leave the day with a concrete action plan to develop more agile teams.
Steve started as a computer programmer, working for a subsidiary of Nat West bank, before taking on a role in pre-sales consultancy and client training both in the UK and internationally.
He became involved in Project Management in the 1980’s while working for a services company. Two spells as a company director saw Steve develop a strong interest in formal methods. A return to full time project management included a series of increasingly complex projects and led to programme and portfolio management roles. He has worked with both on-shore and off-shore teams to deliver change ...
Trainer’s Welcome and Clarification of Learning Objectives
Understanding Agile Systems
Take part in an interactive activity to deconstruct management ‘myths’ and demonstrate the efficiency of agile processes.
- ‘The Marshmallow Challenge’
- Learn about the importance of agile systems
Developing an Agile Culture
- What is an agile team?
- Learn how to integrate a culture of trust
- Results focus/feedback loops
- Understand how being agile can benefit your team
Enhance Service Delivery
- Target your core users
- Analyse your user’s ‘conditions of satisfaction’
- Learn how to put the user at the centre of your product
Workshop 1: Understand Agile Techniques and Tools
- Learn about the following agile tools and techniques:
- Daily stand-up
- Sprint planning
- Sprint retrospective
- Scrum masters and product owners
- Dynamic Systems Development Method (DSDM)
- Learn how to use a selection of agile project management strategies
Workshop 2: Implementing Agile Tools and Techniques
Plan how to implement the agile tools and techniques learnt throughout the day within your organisation.
- Assess your organisational structure
- Implement a personalised action plan
- Adapt agile techniques to your teams