Your organisation experiences constant change, whether it is due to external or internal pressures. If change isn’t managed effectively, it could have an adverse impact on your organisation and staff.
Utilising your leadership skills and taking a more strategic approach to managing change is now more important than ever before. It will lead to greater productivity, performance and service delivery.
Our Strategic Change Management course provides you with the tools to take a more strategic approach to managing and delivering impactful change for your organisation. Learn how to adapt change models to a variety of situations, how to build the most effective change team, diagnose and conquer potential roadblocks and how best to communicate with stakeholders at all levels.
Leave the day better equipped with key skills to help your organisation successfully manage change and deliver better outcomes.
David is a change management and commercial expert, with a passion for helping to create more effective services. He works with a wide range of organisations and their staff on developing their commercial awareness, bringing about culture change and developing and implementing effective strategies.
He has worked extensively across the public and private sectors, working with over 50 local authorities, many NHS Trusts, Central Government departments and Science Councils in the last three years.
David is passionate about translating strategy into action in a way that engages staff and develops buy-in and high levels of productivity. Read more
Trainer's Welcome and Clarification of Learning Objectives
Change Models and Theories
- Examining and identifying commonly used change models and crucial aspects of strategies
- Consider what components are necessary to construct an effective change plan
- Practice adapting these models to examples of public sector organisation transformations
Leading Change in Your Organisation
- Create a thorough and comprehensive understanding of why the change is necessary
- Build realistic plans to achieve goals
- Identify the milestones that will need to be taken to undergo change
- Pinpoint exactly which areas within organisations will be impacted by change both directly and indirectly
Leadership and Team Building
- Identify key people and roles for an effective change team
- Acquire tools to ensure commitment and motivation of lead team members
- Tracking and reporting – monitoring progress of change at all levels
Effectively Communicating Change
- How do you bring people with you?
- Adapting communication techniques and methods for your audiences
- Building a successful business case
Identifying and Overcoming Challenges
- Adaptability, preparedness, and expecting the unexpected
- Common causes of failure
- The time, cost, quality dilemma
- Managing risk
- Engagement and resistance
Workshop: Develop Practical Strategies to Implement in Your Organisation
- Overview and analysis of real examples of changes that worked and didn’t work
- Working in small teams, apply problem solving techniques to counter various examples of challenges
- With guidance, outline and construct your own unique change management strategy, tailored to your organisation