The success of a project, programme or policy depends on effective engagement and management of key stakeholders. Doing it right can save a lot of time, money and resources. However, getting it wrong can set your project and strategic objectives back.
Attend our Effective Stakeholder Management course to create a dynamic plan to preserve relationships with your stakeholders. Learn how to resolve conflict, build strong relationships and overcome unforeseen obstacles that may arise.
Through practical exercises and group discussions, develop the knowledge and skills to identify and map key stakeholders, effectively manage conversations and evaluate stakeholder relationships.
David is a change management and commercial expert, with a passion for helping to create more effective services. He works with a wide range of organisations and their staff on developing their commercial awareness, bringing about culture change and developing and implementing effective strategies.
He has worked extensively across the public and private sectors, working with over 50 local authorities, many NHS Trusts, Central Government departments and Science Councils in the last three years.
David is passionate about translating strategy into action in a way that engages staff and develops buy-in and high levels of productivity. Read more
Trainer’s Welcome and Clarification of Learning Objectives
Stakeholder Management: Key Principles
- What makes a successful stakeholder relationship?
- Identify best practice in effective stakeholder management
- Establish key challenges for your organisation in stakeholder management
- Understand the importance of effective stakeholder management in any project or programme
Identifying and Mapping Stakeholders
- Examine different types of stakeholder maps
- Prioritise stakeholders during the life of a project
- Develop your own stakeholder mapping technique
- Identify diverse varieties of stakeholders
- Successfully map stakeholders within a project or programme
Effectively Manage your Communication with Stakeholders
- Identify what platform to use
- Manage conversations with stakeholders
- Define responsibilities and roles in partnership working
- Select communication methodologies to best influence and engage
- Learn how to use effective language, style and tone to create persuasive communications
Workshop: Evaluating and Monitoring Stakeholder Relationships
Learn how to monitor, analyse and evaluate stakeholder relationships and develop stakeholder strategies to achieve your organisational goals
- Evaluate relationships with your stakeholders
- Develop skills in overcoming conflict with stakeholders
- Monitor and preserve relationships during the life of a project or programme
- Learn from your stakeholder relationships to maintain and manage your organisational goals