With the Procurement Bill 2023 due to become an Act of Parliament this year, having a firmer grasp on procurement law and mandatory procedures has never been more important for public sector organisations. By gaining further knowledge of procurement law and procedures, your organisation can improve how it procures services and manages suppliers.
Attend our Understanding Procurement Law and Procedures course to gain a firmer overview of the latest changes to procurement law and regulation and learn how to adapt to a more streamlined and less costly procurement process.
Through interactive expert-led discussions, discover the differences between the Office Journal of the European Union (OJEU) and Find a Tender Service (FTS) and understand how to comply with the necessary regulation.
Led by procurement expert, Gillian King, receive guidance on the relevant procurement directives, learn more about the potential substantial 2023 procurement changes, along with processes that affect your procurement procedures.
Gillian King is a highly experienced procurement professional and trainer, with over 20 years’ experience in global procurement and supply chain management, working for government and multinational corporations in Europe, Asia and the Middle East.
Her sector experience is as a procurement professional, initially with the Civil Service in the UK Home Office and later as a global category leader for Zurich Financial Services, where her group annual spend was in excess of $400 M.
More recently she has provided consultancy and training to international government and ‘Blue Chip’ organisations in Abu Dhabi and Singapore, specialising in ...
Trainer’s Welcome and Clarification of Learning Objectives
Gain an Overview of Procurement Law
- Gain the latest updates on changes to procurement law
- Develop a better understanding of the proposed Procurement Act 2023
- Ensure compliance with the key legislation
- Learn from best and worse practice at procurement law
- Understand the processes required to establish good practice and operate within legal parameters
- Demonstrate knowledge of case law and the effect it’s had on procurement practice
Understanding Procurement Regulations
- Learn how to source and engage with SME’s
- Gain an update on Procurement regulations
- Adapt to the streamlined, less costly procurement process
- Demonstrate your understanding of the EU Public Contracts Directive (2014)
Applying The Current Procurement Contract Regulations
- Communicate the regulation to achieve full compliance
- Gain an overview on The Public Contracts Regulation 2015
- Ascertain what The Public Contracts Regulation 2015 means
- Align procurement procedures with The Public Contracts Regulation 2015
- Learn from best practice at applying The Public Contracts Regulation 2015
Understanding and Implementing Procurement Procedures and Processes
Understand the transition from OJEU to FTS
Learn about the following tender processes:
- Tender specification
- Tender selection
- Tender award
Learn about the following public procurement procedures:
- Open procedure
- Restricted procedure
- Competitive dialogue procedure
- Innovation partnership procedure
- Competitive procedure with negotiation
- Learn about the different monetary thresholds
- Understand the stringent thresholds when it comes to competitive or negotiated procurements